Unfavorable Topography

Saturday, January 04, 2003

So it is the end of the year and all I see around this crazy world are best so-and-so of the year and I thought about making up my own top ten list of best albums of 2002 or something like that...so here goes:

Da duh duh da...Christopher Adam Sauchak's top ten albums of 2002 (in no particular order??????)

1. Hot Hot Heat - Make up the breakdown
2. Interpol - Turn on the bright lights
3. Atmosphere - God loves ugly
4. Sigur Ros - ()
5. Capital D and the Molemen - Writer's block
6. Bright Eyes - Lifted...
7. ...Trail of Dead - Source codes and tags
8. Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Yanqui u.x.o *Not as good as the others and some people would say they are a very weak choice but motherfucker=redeemer sold me.
9. Pedro the Lion - Control
10. Iron and Wine - The creek drank the cradle. The director of the F.B.I said it was "Warm...and Mandatory" and some judge said it was "A Required Romp" Yes, these are similar to the praise for Coupon: The Movie. Go figure.

I just came up with these on the spot...I hope all of these albums actually came out in the past year...oh please god don't let me be wrong or offend anyone with these picks. I just want to make the music gods happy and bill and all the crew at D-Muze (Dearborn Music ---- big ups/shout outs/happy fun calls to BG, Chuck/Chazz, Craig, Mustafa, and some of the others!!!!! COLLEGE!!!!!) Bill - if it wasn't for you man, none of this -ish would be possible. Thanks. And I'll see you underneath a blanket of stars (and our dorm room) in Syracuse. Sorry if that sounded creepy. I just love you dude! Dan - you are my eyes and ears man. If you're not sure what that means then come talk to me, I might know how to explain it, or I might not. It is what it is!!!! Boo-yah achieved and the rest of the crew. Jane - get me off this crazy thing. Thanks a lot.


Sidenote: I do believe Hot Hot Heat's album was the best of the year and I was listening to Atmosphere's album today and realized that even though its not as good as the other ones it is still a classic album. Also, David Cross' Shut up you fucking baby tops this years best comedy albums and perhaps one of the greatest of all time. Why?!? Well, because he is hilarious, risque, funny, controversial and humorous. And of course it is on Sub Pop. Whatever that means! Ha Ha, I am above that last statement. I don't even know why I said it. Whoo-hoo. Go Orange!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home