Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Dear Blog,
Today was basically non-existent. I mean, I woke up, went to class, came back, sat around listened to music, watched tv, did some work and now here i am, writing you and preparing to hunker down til the morrow. Do you ever have days like that? I mean, its as if the day could easily have not happened at all. Is that a bad thing? Or is it just me longing for the noteworthy events of my week, namely the weekend, and disregarding the less noteable ones. Which bringds me to the topic of the all-too-elusive weekend. Shall i spend another evening watching awful movies and drinking malted beverage, or will something eventful happen this coming weekend? The latter is highly doubtful, and at least with the former i have fun hanging out with my friends, mocking all that exists outside of our confined space and consuming ourselves in our own small world of music and movies and inside jokes. But, i can't help feeling something has got to happen soon. Where have the all-night college bashes gone? Where have my first two and a half years of college gone? All things considered, i can't say as i mind much the way things are going right now. Everything seems to be coming up janet drive; the music is falling into place, the shows seem to be in the works. Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of work to do, but this could be our semester. So, despite the constant lack of things happening, of any sort, these times have been good. Even when it was below zero everyday for over a week, the snow was beautiful. It actually made me feel at home here. I guess seeing Syracuse under its natural cover for the first extended period in my college career made me feel as if i was under mine. I enjoy my time here, despite all the obstacles the band runs into, despite the infrequency of all out rages and despite the lack of accumulated stories to tell my grandchildren. I look back on my experiences with a smile and look forward to the coming weekends with hopes that this next one will yield a night of nights. Lets do it boys.

"...he had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."

-The ramblings of an upcoming senior scared of growing old

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home