Unfavorable Topography

Saturday, February 08, 2003

I think my girlfriend is mad at me, but i can't really tell. Maybe she's just upset, she did have a bad week, and she just wants to talk to me. I suppose we don't talk enough, or when we do; i don't talk enough, or when i do i don't say the right things or ask the right questions. Who knows, i suppose i could ask her, but then that opens a whole other can of sticky smelly worms. Because, if i ask her, she'll probably tell me, and that would lead to a long, important conversation, and it is truly a feet of stupendous strength to hold a long, important conversation on a cell phone. Especially with the reception we get in this house. I tell you what, why is it that we can put a man on the moon but i can't have a decent conversation with my girlfriend without my phone hanging up on at least twice during the conversation. Perhaps the space travel isn't a good example in light of recent events. Regardless, i can't have a long, important phone call with my girlfriend for two reasons, niether of which have anything to do with my unwillingness to talk: 1) I can't talk to her in privacy because i get zero reception in my room, 2) i can't hold a conversation without having to repeat statements every 2 minutes or call her again because my phones cuts out, and that, my friend, is taxing on a man's patience. There is little more exhausting than repeating the phrase "can you hear me" 18 times in a row before you find the place your head has to be in and your next has to be cranned to so you can just repeat the statement you made 5 minutes ago, all of which is to be repeated invariably at least once within the next three minute window. I live my life with my girlfriend in three minute intervals. Maybe i'll write her a letter. I bet she would think that is nice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home