Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Blog it where it counts...

Alberto, I agree. I like both songs quite a bit. I just sat and let Salt Eats Cars sink in. Strangely, the lyrics mean more to me now than when I wrote them. When I wrote them, or dreamt them up really, I didn't really know what I was saying. But now, they really seem to address how I feel about a lot that seems to be happening (or not happening, as it were) in my life.

Some choice bits:
"Grab the wheel for a second. Can you steer? Stop the car." ---- I never really understood that line. But it means something to me now. I love the contradiction, the confusion, the powerlessness of the speaker. Seems to fit.

"Avalanche on flat ground." ---- This could mean a lot of things...but it means more now than ever before. And I know from our previous discussions and blogs, that I'm not the only one that feels like I've been blind-sided with a blanket of blah as of late.

I must say that I'm pretty proud of some of the vocals at the end of the song. I've been happy with some of our recordings before...But I feel like I got to show off a little with Salt Eats Cars.

So keep listening...Feel free to share something about the words therein. I'm interested to hear what others think.

PS...Why didn't anybody tell me that the new Cursive cd comes out today??? Looks like I'm going to Soundgarden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home