Unfavorable Topography

Sunday, March 23, 2003

Dear James family,

I've considered writing to you several times this semester, however most of my early drafts ended up crumpled at the foot of my trash can full of good intentions but with no clear message or point. Tonight my so-called journey took me to the city of Rochester where I enjoyed the eclectic stylings of The Fire Theft, a band that I do not feel foolish wondrously gaping in awe at. I try not to end my sentences with a preposition, but I do feel I'm running out of time.

You can be my Mr. Henshaw when I feel embarrassed about addressing the public domain with my insecurities and inside jokes. I know this place gets dusty on occassion but I must stress that everything I write holds true and is not a work of fiction. Don't get me wrong, because I want to write some fiction at some point and enjoy the thought of a family (5 sisters, 1 oldest brother) that tends to fall into wacky and sometimes-predictable adventures.

My glasses are filthy right now, so that might again hinder this letter's potential and guarantee it a spot on the floor next to the trash can. Maybe it would explain the difficulty I have with writing a simple message in a birthday card. Do you ever feel like you know what you want to say but don't know what the best sequence is? Maybe we can put our heads together someday and make a belated birthday better. Start from scratch?

Lastly, I know it's unrealistic but I'll throw this out there to be polite: The Planet 505 will be hosting an entertaining evening of music this coming Tuesday, the 25th of March. Janet Drive (ex-Driving Jon's Bronco) will most likely have some teaser CDs with these suckers on them, as well as some other goodies and good company. Enjoy your meal, I know I'll cherish the Faygo.

fondly,
wcm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home