Unfavorable Topography

Monday, April 07, 2003

and now for the climactic conclusion of our game

Hoboken to Mudville and beyond the valley of the deep beats
from season ticket holders and the fans up in the cheap seats,
a sport for the scientific american giant of barbie-sized client
keeping score and track of strike outs and rbi's.
Me and my team on point like a thumb tack,
rally caps in position and we're poised for a comeback
on the strength of a ground-rule double and a sac fly
we found new trouble, and by one run we're back by
but we didn't lose faith going into the eighth
in fact every player on our team profited from our confidence
then with runners on the corners, me in the on deck circle
chin music gone bad turned our three-hitters neck purple.
I think that Yogi Berra in this kinda case is quoted quite often,
but anyway I'm up, and its bases loaded
and you should know before you can say, peanuts, popcorn
you can count on me to come in and clean up shop for 'em
you know what I'm saying, because I'm the big stick carrier
the switch-hitter with long ball power
call me the crank shaft, the schtick-schplitter
my weapon of choice is called the bat out of hell, booming 'em
its big and black and made out of aluminum,
anyway its the first pitch, fastball, swinging
like a caribbean I smashed a little nine inch ball into oblivion
to make the score seven-four and that's the way it stayed and in the end
the good guys win, the '93 provincial champions!


Yay for Buck 65 and his team of rag-tag emcees, dj's and b-boys. Congrats gentlemen, may your lives be merry and filled with glee!

I'll see all of you at the ballpark! So long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home