Unfavorable Topography

Thursday, April 10, 2003

I'm practically blogging in anticpation...


Thoughts. That's all I've got. That's all you've got. And if you don't put that shizzle up on the bizzle, we've all got naught to show for it.


So here's my update. My battle this week is with my screenplay. Or more specifically, my lack thereof. It has to be done by May 9. I've got NONE of it written as of yet. I'm still stumbling with the story and the characters. The frustration is starting to bear heavy on my soul. I've created a bizarre world in head in which my story takes place, but alas, I've just gotten lost in my own creation. I wander the alleyways and lurk in the doorways the world in my head, talking to people that invented and living out strange circumstances and conversations that must have a place somewhere. Somewhere, anywhere, but on paper. I'm lost.


The other night I had a breakdown of sorts at about 3am. I was working on this script, and I realized I had been staring at a blank computer screen for two hours and had neither written anything nor moved from my seat. Suddenly I became alarmed at this strange lapse in conciousness. My mind was a blank, a swirling cloud, save for one piercing thought that I couldn't shake: Not only could I not write the world in my head, but I couldn't make any sense of the world that I actually inhabit. I am more lost than I ever thought I could be. Those damn lyrics in "Sleeping" make so much fucking sense. I'm so frustrated with my life that I don't know which way to turn, or even why I feel this way anymore. So I freaked out in the middle of the night and had a bit of an explosion.


Goddamnit. Why are my posts so emo? Somebody shoot me in the face.


Scrap that. So Bill. Your version of Out is fantastic. It gets better with each and every listen. Do I smell a Bill side/solo/remix project?


The Indie 500. Big dealy deal tomorrow. I'm really looking forward. I predict that the JDrive will be rowdier than all get out. And how. I hope certain baditudes (shall we say, Audiotudes?) don't get in the way of the purpose of the show. That said, let's not let ourselves go into the rock arena with any prejudices.


Sauce. It's been nice seeing you lately man. You need to jump into the fray more often. I must say, the riveting epic poem about a good old-fashioned game of pitch-n-catch kept me glued to my screen.


Well, that's all I got. My brain is fried. I wish I had something more worthy of note.


Beep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home