Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Mark, I enjoyed your poetry. I enjoyed the first one more I believe. I must say my mind is not working too well at the moment. It is worrying about things and it will not tell me what just yet. So I am anxious for no reason whatsoever. Actually, it feels like its been doing this all day. I hope I go to sleep and wake up tomorrow completely oblivious to this feeling because I do not want it anymore. Jules, I would call you right now but it is late and I want you to sleep, plus I do not think I can explain this right now, its a weird sense of anxiety, probably due to the end of the semester and I am going through one of those, "shoot, what the hell am I going to do with my life" sort of things. Bill, keep playing Amanda Rogers, it is soothing me right now. Do not worry I will finish my russian practice and go to bed soon enough. I will shower in the morning because it is getting too late and the night air is too cold, despite it being a beautiful day today. Megan Archibald, thank you for the phone call, I am sorry I did not call you back. My unbusy life is still unbusy, but I like to play underneath Damocles' sword on too many occasions and pretend that my life is full of stuff that needs to be done on the spot and with utter, uncanny perfection.

But this blog is actually about Mark Pierce. He is the one who brought this blog on, I actually just wanted to tell him that I enjoyed his poetry and I wish him luck in his class next semester. I want to tell him why. The reason why I enjoyed the first one so much is because it reminded me of a few heroes. First, and the more obvious one is Achilles. The second is Owen Meany, oh how a reference to this book has made me shutter. Anyone familiar with the John Irving novel probably knows what I mean. I am completely enthralled by this book right now. I wish I did not have school work to complete because I would be trying to finish this gargantuan book in a matter of days if I keep reading, which I would like to do, but do not know if I will find the time until the summer creeps up and is full upon me. But, yea, I just wanted to mention that to you Mark--that I enjoyed them and the reason why.

I am a sucker for symbolism in poetry and prose. Don't ask me why, but Donnie knows! (clever smile and wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home