Unfavorable Topography

Sunday, April 06, 2003

"Teenage Riot" by Sonic Youth is the soundtrack and no one even knows it.


Everybody's talking 'bout the stormy weather
And what's a man do to but workout whether it's true?
Looking for a man with a focus and a temper
Who can open up a map and see between one and two


Celebrate. Basketball and drink and Chris Elliot's short-lived Fox sitcom. February 1st I jumped on the bandwagon and exclaimed "G-Mac!" and the occassional "Craig Nasty!" at every opportunity. It's wonderful to watch something close to home blossom and take the country on by storm. Speaking of which... "the places you dwell." Look for it soon in a neighborhood near you. For the second Friday in a row I put something to tape (or hard drive, but who's keeping track) and I hope I didn't taint a classic but here goes. Confusing week. Cold week. Not getting better anytime soon but 'tis an interesting trade-off, after all. Snow and a national championship game, a kiss that doesn't mean a single thing (I hope you feel at least some guilt but you're so good at covering your tracks I can't imagine anyone will ever find us out). Let's just take it one day at a time and be thankful for the things that we laugh at (are you Art Garfunkel?) and that we remember. I'm not trying to be particularly pithy; it's pretty fucking straight-forward. Sense of smell is strong, love is strong, tight jeans turn me on, and pretty soon tonight'll be gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home