Unfavorable Topography

Wednesday, June 25, 2003

For those of you who have atypical names, type in your last name for a Google search and see what fantastic possibilities await you. Even if you have a typical English name like Smith or Taylor, check it out, you just might see some relatives with web pages or a long lost cousin that goes to school in France. Take me for example: My last name is Sauchak, which seems to be pretty original from what I gather with telemarketers never being able to pronounce it right. I just typed it in for a Google search and received seven different pages full of Sauchaks. I found a newspaper article from 1999 in the Detroit Free Press quoting my mother about the importance of teaching women's history in elementary schools! Who knew? I definitely don't remember that, I didn't think my mom was a great women's rights activist, well, she probably isn't, she just was asked what she thought and she told the reporters what she felt. Simple as apple pie (all natural)! Also, there is a Dr. (yea, that's right, doctor, MD, stands for motherf###ing doctor) John Sauchak from right here in my home state of Michigan. He's from farther north though, just up I-96 a little to the Lansing area. In fact he went to MSU's med school and is a highly respectable alum and orthopedic surgeon. WOW!!! I never knew. He must be related to me somehow, my grandpa had brothers and sisters that I never met or haven't seen in quite a long time. So...the means is there. BUT, check this out Jeepers Creepers, it appears that there are also Sauchaks in the Cleveland, OH area since I came across a principal in a Cleveland elementary school and a sorority girl at some small Ohio college who is probably her daughter. Oh, those Cuyahoga County crazies!!!! Moving on, I found a married couple from Hanover, PA who now live in Wilkes-Barre where the husband works for the city or something and the wife owns some small basket/plant shop. Whoa-ho-ho, this is getting CRAZY-Y-Y-Y! Last but not least, a couple in Naples, FL who are realtors or something of the sort. Man oh man, I am actually having fun with this. Of course, I noticed I got a few nods on there too, with the help of the blog and Syracuse University. Thanks guys, you're great! Okay everyone, try it out and now that I have some time, perhaps I'll search for cousins now! Join the club!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home