Unfavorable Topography

Friday, August 01, 2003

Well as I sit down at good ol' Kimmel computer laboratory I think to myself, "Wow, I haven't blogged in a while, I was thinking about my top five records of the summer and how I would blog about that since it seems to be a nice icebreaker for the warm, humid summer that has passed and the heat still to come." And what do I see, lo! and behold, Al beat me to it. Good man. I'm glad to see he's happier now after dropping that job. Excellent work my friend. Okay so let's crack the knuckles and strip this sucker down and see what we have brewin' on my mind.

1. Songs: Ohia - Didn't it Rain
2. Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica
3. The Forms - Icarus
4. Manitoba - Up in Flames
5. Calla - Televise

Honorable Mentions: Broken Social Scene - You Forgot it in People (thanks for the credit Al, but that was all Bill on that one, he suggested it to me before you guys left Howard's home in Ann Arbor), Radiohead - Hail to the Thief (it would have been in the top five, but technically it cannot because I do not actually own it, I just borrow Mark's), Out Hud - S.T.R.E.E.T D.A.D, !!! - Me and Giuliani Down by the Schoolyard (A True Story), 90 Day Men - To Everybody, Do Make Say Think - & Yet & Yet, Four Tet - Rounds, DMS - DMS

I must give credit where credit is due: If Jon hadn't bought Modest Mouse when he was home and forced me to listen to it in his auto I would never have bought it. Thanks. Also, the same goes for The Forms. But I must give Bill partial credit on that one because he was the one who actually blessed 965 Lancaster with a duplicate copy of the album. Thanks. I also must give partial credit to Jon for the Manitoba purchase since it was in Grand Rapids at Vertigo, which I attribute ownership of everything I purchase there to him since I would have never gone there if not for him and also to his roommate Nick who made the purchase a hit with his praise.

Thank you all, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home