Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Well, color me blog...

That´s right, boys. I´ve decided that it´s time to drop a little message. I´ve been absent for some time from the delightful exploits of this electronic messageboard. This summer has been a long journey that has taken me far my computer and thoughts of communication, and has brought me all the way to, as those delightful pop music poets The Sweatshirts call it: Espagne.

That´s right friends. I´m proud to present the first-ever European blog. Knowing my luck, this post will probably disintegrate into cyber-dust as soon as I hit the preview button, but I figured I´d try.

So Spain is hotter than a muthafucka the cat. We´re talking 100+ daily. I´ve dealt with the intense heat in the only way I know how: Over-indulgent consumption of the delightful elixirs known as cerveza and vino. Additionally, on one particularly hot day, after more than a few cervezos, I happened to let slip a slightly ill-thought-out mind bubble about getting a haircut. This seemingly innocent statement quickly led to the rash decision to shave my head. On the bright side, I am indeed much cooler now in the intense heat. I don´t consider the decision a mistake, bearing in mind, of course, that I don´t file looking like a retard under the "mistake" category.

But my days have been filled with explorations of ancient castles and churches and learning spanish and eating hearty country foods. My journeys have taken me to the edge of Portugal and I´m now staying in Madrid. I must admit however, that while my feet have trodden this arduous path across this foreign land, my heart has yearned for the dry, lifeless piece of earth-crust upon which rests the hallowed halls of 965 Lancaster. Soon, I shall return.

In closing, I leave you with a brief list of the more delectable musical treats that have provided the soundtrack for my journey. In no particular order other than alphabetical:

Black Eyes -- S/T
Death Cab For Cutie -- Transatlanticism
Every Time I Die -- Hot Damn
Glassjaw -- Worship and Tribute
Godspeed You! Black Emperor -- Yanqui U.X.O.
Mogwai -- Happy Songs for Happy People
Oxes -- Both albums
Poison the Well -- You Come Before You
Refused -- The Shape of Punk to Come
Shalabi Effect -- The Trial of St. Orange
Statistics -- S/T
Thrice -- The Artist in the Ambulance

Enjoy and peace be with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home