Unfavorable Topography

Thursday, September 04, 2003

A date with Ikea. This desk I'm writing from, the drawers where I keep my clothes. It is kind of hot in here but my garage sale thermostat says 73. Maybe it is because two lights are on. There's still some boxes and a suitcase and a sea of cat5 cable that I intend to clean up before classes begin. That's sooo last week.

But this is no joke... last night around 5am I woke up in the midst of a frustrating dream. This summer I worked at a restaurant and I remember when they hired me they were big on saying, "well young man this will really teach you how to multitask." And how. So in this dream it was like multitasking times 10 timex watches 2. Too much was going on... in fact it kind of felt like a page straight out of the 2nd (and best) Where's Waldo book. When I finally roused myself another painful sensation was suddenly drilled into my brain: my mattress had developed an odd squeeking noise in reaction to any movement. And it's brand new! A loud thing that everyone knows. So in hindsight I realize a squeeky new mattress isn't the worst thing in the world but it is the second worst. Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home