Unfavorable Topography

Thursday, December 11, 2003

dont call it a come back
So many times people expect you to be thankful for them taking the time to acknowledge you. Its like being forced to wirte a thank you note to someone you hate for something you didnt want. Perhaps im being selfish, but thats seems to be a theme in my life and work. I came to the realization that the work i do, i do for myself, and everything else i do for other people. What the fuck. I dont deserve awards, i dont deserve your pity, i just want to make it clear whose life this really is. Mine, and for whats its worth im happy with it, im no saint, no martyr for a cuase, ill never save a life, ill never make an impact in the world. i make things, beautiful things. they come from my head and i want people to see them as much as i want to see them and have them in physical form so i can hold on to them forever. thats my artist statement. I want to hold on to everything that has ever made me happy. I want to forget the unhappy moments, but hold on even tighter to the lessons ive learned from having been through that shit. I wanna be a kid, i wanna go to toys r us and ride the tricycle, i wanna get excited about the new toy on the market, i wanna fucking run around in the rain during summer, and i wanna eat cereal and watch cartoons on saturday morning. I want my mom to come home and give me hug, i want my dad to actually be proud of me for once. i want my sister to be happy with her life, and i want to be happy knowing that the world can be a good place. And i want to be able to go there whenever i want. i would put it in a frame and hang it on my wall for everyone to see. i just want it to be beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home