Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

[if this were an ACTUAL online journal filled with my bull-ish]

so today was a lazy day...al, bill, and I watched Pirates...as soon as we got up. I forgot to mention that I woke up around one in the afternoon. 'Tis the latest I have slept in since before this semester started and I was alone in this house for a week or so and stayed up all night after work watching movies and then woke up the next day at noon or later and watched movies and television before I went in to work. With the weather of course, it doesn't allow much fun activity outside these walls. After that I spent some time reading about dramatic writing and listening to John Coltrane's A Love Supreme. Ah those Impulse! years of his were amazing. Some of the best jazz ever recorded. Lately that's all I've wanted to listen to--Coltrane and then the more upbeat Afrobeat of Fela Kuti and his Africa 70, which later turned into his Egypt 80. Damn! That's a lot of people on one stage (The Shrine). I've been trying to find out about his life, Fela's that is. I have been rather unsuccessful for now, but I haven't spent much time researching. I need to focus on school work first, but that's not happening, just like normal. I would like to tell my professor that I would much rather download all of Fela's 70 some odd albums then read the script for the Godfather and another professor that I would much rather read James Joyce's Ulysses and write nonsensical prose then translate Russian newspaper articles. But my laziness and selfishness will consume me soon enough. Give me work or give me death! That should be my battle cry. But these things keep me in check. No time for fun! I have to make it through this, just to prove to people that I can. Lo! and behold, I'll be doing just that for the rest of my life. Ah well, I say I need a challenge and it just so happens that I say that all the time, therefore I'm always trying to challenge myself, work myself to the limit just to see if I can so when I get out in the real world...blah blah blah [I actually hate the way that word sounds and looks, but I write it only because everyone knows what I'm talking about] Seriously, life? Now? Why not? Shouldn't...? I? I mean, "Me"? Wait? Who? But seriously...this is getting me nowhere and everywhere! I either hate or love what my mind is doing to me right now and you know what, I fuckin' love it! Not so much emphasis on the profanity as you think. Its there for emphasis. Ha. Humor me, please. I know everyone out there thinks the same things. Look outside. See that snow? It looks beautiful. Despite the cold, can't you just smile at the snow? It appreciates its existence more than most people. We both laugh at our situation. We both know its not permanent, we both sleep at night and wake up to a new day. Thoughts and dreams are recycled, there is no doubt in my mind that we aspire to and act on dreams, it is a great thing, but the rest of the people out there, specifically the ones who know me, give a little chuckle at the world because...(name your own reason, she loves them all and everyone has at least one)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home