Unfavorable Topography

Sunday, February 15, 2004

...Its getting harder and harder to brag about myself. I cannot write this resume. I have nothing to say about myself. I can't sell my self suddenly on the spot, my business grows and grows gradually, earning trust and laughter, a warm smile and a handshake, all culminating in a merger that explodes with joy and productivity. One summer working in an environment suitable for my hopeful career will probably not be enough to get in with the 'gang'. Perhaps I'll just surprise them, come out of the woodwork and cheer them up with coffee and awkward smiles, a delicious danish and a sophisticated inquiry, a mail delivery and a poignant creative remark...yea, that would work nicely. But now. Now. What am I supposed to do with this resume. It states my name, education, past employment history and a little blank section filled with my self-deprecation and graciousness, my lack of confidence, a smile, a few commas, a run-on sentence, and a clever quip. I'll be sending it out tonight. Perhaps tomorrow in my blissful morning alertness I'll have decided to add some humor to it, but people don't want to read humor, especially my humor, and especially when my humor is backed up by a dark and blank window reflecting my face and nothing beyond. Looks like I'll be tied down in this cave for a little longer because the light that I see is behind me, but the reflection I see is distorted so I can't make out what those 'things' are. Hey, you know what, let's not worry about this now, eh. Tomorrow I'll wake up and won't even remember a thing from tonight except that things were accomplished, which is a nice feeling. Let's move ahead, strive forward...gradually

New mindset real quick: moving ahead gradually has some problems with it, yes, it does. But I cannot get into those at the moment. My brain needs to focus on what is directly in front of me and Marvin Gaye's voice right now is singing so sweetly...what's going on. Oh and next up I see Matthew Herbert's Big Band on the iTunes, aaaah, how beautiful it sounds...let's drift to the back of the room, to the bed, and into a deep deep sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home