Unfavorable Topography

Monday, July 12, 2004

now for the annual/bi-annual/tri-annual/qui-annual/quinti-annual or sex-i-annual blog about what I see out my window! (I'm not sure how many times I do this in a given year, so, thus the extra annuals. And the last one you say, why the extra hyphen? Why kids, I do not want you to get any dirty thoughts, I am not a sex columnist nor have I perused a SI swimsuit issue in probably half a decade.)

So onto the awards...

One quick note: I am in a new place this time and actually in some one else's room. I am in New York City and in my friend/roommate Adam's room because I'm using my computer as a decorative piece only(!!!) in my room so I am using Adam's room for all of my Internet needs when I am not at work. Cheers!

All right, here is what I see out of Adam's room and other time saving news clippings:

A building across the street, a building diagonal with patio furniture and patio umbrellas on the roof along with plants and other miscellaneous objects. Then in the distance there are more buildings. Damn! That's about it. I cannot see the horizon through the fog and rain and brick. That sounds depressing. It sure is.

Hmm...I just listened to the new Animal Collective record and it sounded fabulous, a little more mellow than their last effort, but still excellent. I want to check out Avey Tare and Panda Bear's pre-Animal Collective Campfire Songs album, something tells me its very similar to Sung Tongs. Now I'm listening to Brian Eno & David Byrne's record My Life in the Bush of Ghosts. It reminds me of Jon, he loves Talking Heads and that era of music. I remember when he told me he heard My Bloody Valentine's Loveless for the first time probably three years ago and I don't think he has left that era of music since! Fine by me, I don't have a clue about that time period except for slight soundbytes of The Cure, Cocteau Twins, Joy Division, Talking Heads, etc. Ah well, maybe some day I will learn, but it might take a while.

It is raining outside. This entry is done. I do not have the mental capacity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home