Unfavorable Topography

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Please take this concept into consideration



Ah the joys of understanding fashion. Don't worry, those tongue-in-cheek police will hawk you into falconing your condor into an alabaster albatross seagulling a wood-carved eaglet in Archaeopteryx Tree Field Pond. Also, don't worry because television is protecting this area! What kind of ugg-bollocking bally-hoo is that nonsense. No cheers go to swallowing whole the entire area for television and greedy pixels. Nein! Sprechen mein Deutsch freund. Or is it "meine Deutsche freund"? Perhaps Fraulein Baker could help me out with such a phrase. Nyet! Govoritye moy russki droog. Or is it something else? Perhaps gospodiin ili tovarish Jesperson could help me out with such a phrase. Or should I be more formal and use Joshua and his patryonimic, but I do not know his father's name. Rats. Oh well.



Today I went and got lunch for the president of Spike TV(television) and I was quite confident in my job doing such. I have yet to get comfortable with this job. Maybe its because I'm the only intern without my own desk. Or maybe its because I share intern duties with a nice guy, but he's been here two months longer than I have and staying two weeks longer than I am. Weird. Gladly I'm graduating before him so he cannot compete with me in the job market, although he is a very nice fellow and has a bright future ahead of him in whatever passion his heart takes him. The weather outside is slightly hotter than somewhere in the United States right now, and much muggier and much uglier. The cityscape is quite dirty and ugly like a clown with a spraygun. I'm quite intimidated and afraid by all that I see here. Bums with voices like angels sing Mozart operettas and short motown soul vignettes on the subway. I would give them money but I've been walking around with less than three dollars in my pocket for a little over a week now and I'm scared by the dried blood on their shoes and hands. Although they are well spoken, polite, and have nicely trimmed beards. I wonder if they are just students performing in a broadway play and look much older than they are supposed to. Maybe its a lone drifters dream to peddle the rest of his life and see if he can be the ultimate human by surviving in old fort towns and city streets. Maybe I'm him...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill M. said...

Two wrongs make a right, Lisa.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that reptile.

-lrshopp

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home