Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Oh, hello. I'm not in any real rush to get out of here. I was home just a few weeks ago and the snow is kind of pretty. The novelty of shoveling the front steps and walk probably won't wear off for a while. Soon I'll probably wake up and exclaim, "Good morning Mr. Backache" like in that moderately amusing Raymour and Flannigan commercial, but for now the powder on the ground feels really light as I bend and pick it up with the shovel, managing to make my body into some sort of lever with a fulcrum and everything.

I am taking a final exam online tomorrow morning. That's exciting and somehow terrifying, too. The fate of my answers will be in the hands of a Submit button that I will click once and then be on my way. Shit, that's just like blogger. It's like all those times Mark and Sauce would write nice things here only to have them lost along the way. I will have to be careful with this History of Jazz test.

Tenthly, I'm glad that Mr. Shaw Flick has stepped up to moderate this year's mix cd madness celebration after I shrugged it off with a "I'm busy, maybe next semester." This looks to be the biggest year yet, for sure. Songs I desperately wanted to include on my mix but couldn't due to Patriot Act-related stipulations:

Juvenile - Slow Motion / Any and all Toad the Wet Sprocket / Europe - Final Countdown

'night


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bill it's LAUREN SHOPP and you know i'm darn tootin' telling the truth when i say that i'm upset that THE FINAL COUNTDOWN isn't on the cd. whateva.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home