Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

1 can minestrone soup
two filled whales (gelatin based gummi candy)
1 lit candle
1 iTunes
1 AOL Instant Messenger away message

This is what I ate in the last half hour. I cannot help but listen to my hip hop mix I made in the past month. If I was a disc jockey, I would be an oddball. Are disc jockey's selfish? Scratch that. Are good disc jockey's selfish? Do they play what they like or do they play what people want to hear because if its the latter, then they are entertainers and not artists. I would be an artist. At least that is what I hope I would be.

Who here likes to read/work/shower with music? I cannot. No concentration can take place in this brain, in this mind with rhythms and words being played through instruments and speakers. I like silence. And darkness. I like the living room with bright lights as I eat soup and watch television. I like my room dark until the sun fades out of the day. I used to like creative writing on the blog. I shy away from that now for personal reflections and inward thinking. It is not so bad. It reflects on itself. Constantly. My favorite line of this song was said. Always said in the same way and I always hear it in the same tone, happy, with chills.

How do you like my new face?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home