Unfavorable Topography

Friday, May 20, 2005

I'm 4 floors above Coral Gables, FL tonight, checking in and wanting to show and tell you about everything that's been distracting me lately. I'll toss some pictures up here once I'm back home. Perhaps you can see how nice it is here. I just typed "beautiful" first but then decided to delete it because that particular adjective would be a stretch. I like it a lot, though. It just feels very unfamiliar. And too hoity-toity. And I'm walking around wearing a Make Believe hoodie pulled over my dragon polo shirt with dirty $3 flip-flops wondering where I'll fit. This weekend I hope to find somewhere to live come August.

The last 48 hours for me have been kind of a blur. The month of May always seems to do this too me. Two years ago I was riding around New York, Canada, Michigan, and Ohio for a week in a Suburban full of people and music stuff. Last summer I moved over to Euclid for a few weeks before setting up a bed and desk in a spare room at my Grandma's house to become deeply immersed in the Law School Admissions Test. That kind of killed half of June too, I guess. This May I was running around the Syr doing things like graduating and having yard sales and attempting to stop time with babybabybaby. That brings me to yesterday, when I drove to Delaware, slept for four hours, and arrived in Miami this morning.

When things slow down we'll make eyes again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bill i didn't get to say good-bye, but BYE! syracuse won't be the same without our favorite martin woooo. i just said bye to christopher and it is hard to imagine college without you two. thanks for making my freshman/sophomore years not suck too hard. hopefully i'll see you around again someday, or at least your dad when i am totally free-styling at moe. shows.

look for that.

-lr shopp

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bill M. said...

hi lauren,
thanks for your note on the door! i think we had to take it down eventually, you know, just because everything we "owned" had to be moved out of the house. we had a yard sale and i imagine you would've found it amusing when four hippies, each with a big sack of crap over their shoulder, tried out the unicycle we were selling for $5. no takers, though.

-bill

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You love those insanely dirty flip-flops. I bet if you rung them out, you could have like 4 beers and 2 mixed drinks from Chuck's.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home