Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, June 21, 2005


"For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive The Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams."


Wow. I really didn't see this coming. I've been trying to keep up with Billy's so-called "Confessions" on his website (a project I think he really enjoys working on, not just for his fans but for his own notion of autobiography), and I have noticed a good deal of nostalgia regarding his Pumpkins days. I wonder if James and D'arcy have been contacted, or if this was a preemptive strike of sorts.

I wasn't really planning on shelling out $40 to see Corgan on his summer solo tour, but a Pumpkins reunion, genuine or not, may be a bit more enticing.

Full article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home