Unfavorable Topography

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Here's a quick rundown of the past 24 hours (mind you its been emotional):

Yesterday around this time I was sitting with my dad on his couch while he was at the grill with chicken marinated in a garlic and lime sauce. I was reading the Free Press and watching MSNBC stock lines running across the bottom. My dad walks in and starts talking about stocks that catch his eye, especially Google, which rose past 300 and everyone's excited because in August he said they will add it to Standard & Poor's 500, causing it to "have arrived" in monies exchange speak I imagine. Then we started on the NBA draft and after that it was time for dinner. So we ate green beans and rice with the grilled chicken and chatted some more. Then we sat down and chatted some more while Richard Pryor's 1981 classic Bustin' Loose played on the television. I left around 9:15. It was emotional. Since I am leaving Michigan for a good while, my dad felt the need hug me for an undisclosed amount of time. I didn't mind. Then I left and drove back home.

When I got home my mother was there. She had been up north for two days and just got back around the time I was at my father's watching television and eating. I went into the kitchen after saying hello and saw a letter from Syracuse University. Huh. Well, apparently I can not receive my diploma. They are saying I am missing a class for my basic liberal arts core. Damn! What?!?!? Since when. I thought that was taken care of back in the fall when I had my degree check. Apparently not. Also, they brought up my missing grade from a summer internship, which I know for a fact was taken care of by the records people at Newhouse. I guess no one communicates between schools. Bummer! I thought I played a good middleman, but apparently I had scouted the wrong player. Too bad I couldn't speak Japanese. Why is there a Japanese basketball player playing in Spain anyway. Geez. No breaks eh?

This morning I woke up, ate breakfast because I did not want to call the Syracuse records office on an empty stomach. She wasn't there. She will be back in her office tomorrow. Try emailing her. Okay. Done. Its 5 o'clock and I am going to meet my mother for dinner in an hour, but I have to run to CVS first, so I should leave in a few minutes. I just checked my email. Empty. A message from the CDC actually. I don't care. They advertise internships in NY for advertising and PR firms. That doesn't work. I already checked mandy.com and craigslist and the two Lauren suggested. A nice help. Soon I will be in LA. But an online course in social sciences might be in the future soon as well. I just wish I would have known of this earlier. I could have taken a summer course right now. Damn! Another reason why I cannot stay. I need to make a quick $2000 to pay for another 3 gosh darn credits to receive my diploma. I graduated with 134! What happened! Am I out of my mind.

"I think we all know the answer: forced prayer in schools." -David Cross

Also, a women in a jaguar wearing sunglasses and holding a small dog in her lap with one hand and driving with the other raced me off the line at the light today. That was humorous, but now I think of what a terrible person she was because she knew she had to merge in twenty feet. Silly people do a lot of silly things with silly monies.

Bill, what's your address in Philadelphia. Lauren told me to ask you so I can mapquest it and get directions. Word.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

christopher just pick up the telephone! aieee. k bye

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home