Unfavorable Topography

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I'm burned out...

When I am 42 on the eve of my first heart attack, a week long vacation from a busy year is all I think I will need. I spent almost a week away from my home traveling to East Lansing, Chicago, and Kalamazoo and by the end I cannot remember a time I have been so worn out by traveling and constant companionship. Also, a drink or multiple per night does not help in the cause of staying afloat. My body can only hold so much laughter until it gets tired because I am an old man who does not have the stamina for good times anymore. It is my chance to grow old and morbidly bitter, while turning my loved possessions into thoughtless caricatures in a box.

Don't be afraid...

Written in several different languages. The only ones I understood were the various spanish and slavic phrases. A simple phrase spoken inside a lounged clam shell with as few as one word. The essense of language causes my desire to study linguistics or at least look into a grad program somewhere in my futurist self to study russian language. Why not? I am already half-way there, why not go the extra mile at some point in my life. Although I cannot run it, I can always catch up after I take a break, get myself back in shape and run again.

Two friends drunk on different nights singing the haze...

A long time ago I wondered what it would be like walking into a bar eating a graham cracker with marshmallow on it. A song would play about tripping mushrooms and I would sense a haze of walkabout naturists. iTunes shuffle would play three sixtoo songs in less than a half hour. My friends and I would be there rooting on several teams in a bar made of televisions where the screen in front of you reflected the game behind you so you could not make out anything going on in either game. Charming! Send for a cab! Okay, we'll walk.

Rap songs...

Who did I get into a conversation about this? It was Shaw I think. Remember when they used to be playful. It brings back memories of the people mentioned above. All of them. A time in my life where I sat in the backseat everyday. Here is a picture.

Bill send for me when the time comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home