Unfavorable Topography

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It's getting late just for any old Tuesday night. So I'm drinking vodka and multi-fruit and vitamin Trader Joe's juice to get sleepier. I wish I were in New Zealand. Maybe I'd complain about the frequent rain, and be curious about how the kiwi birds deal with it all. I mean, I'd have shelter and books and hopefully my ipod.

Perhaps I'd be listening to the new Billy Corgan album. You must understand, this man was once my guitar-songwriting-postgrungewhatever HERO. And when I was fourteen I would likely buy just about anything with his name or farts on it. Now, well, I will download it before it's officially released. TheFutureEmbrace is a kind of a pretentious title, no? And some of the songs are pretty god-awful, but there is this Bee Gee's cover, a song I maybe had heard once or twice before called "To Love Somebody," that I think is amazing. It reminds me so much of some things on the highly underrated Adore album and also features Robert Smith on background vocals. A pleasant surprise.

The summer weekmode is beginning, I think. I've seen (i.e. read) Sauce here and there and I know he is leaving Michigan for a spell for LAX and futuristic things that the last four years have prepared him for. Keep us up to date.

I have an idea for a fun project next week. It would require five consecutive days of blogging so we'll see. ok. It worked. Sleeping some and waking up before my alarm and hearing baby Charlie downstairs. Night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Sauchak said...

"Its summer now and its hot,
and the sweat pours out,
and the air is the same as my body,
and I breathe my body inside out."

-Smog from "Running the Loping"

Those words he sang when I clicked on the comments link. So now they are in your comments Bill. I was going to blog today. But maybe I will hold my tongue. I leave for Los Angeles tomorrow, I'm frightened. Well, off to another day. PeACe!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bill remember when you came to visit new york last summer and we saw james iha [is that his name?] walking with slutty babe #4 and you were kind of bummed out. oh well. i guess summer's like that. also, i'm expecting to call the martin brothers party hotline when i come into philadelphia in a few weeks dude!

-lr shopp

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just wish you were in New Zealand so you can visit your namesake, emu farm.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Bill M. said...

I think that emu picture was in my dreams the other night. Of course, the accompanying sound effect was there, too.

It reminds me so much of Ms. Pepper, my seventh grade math teacher... seriously.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home