Unfavorable Topography

Saturday, July 23, 2005

This is my first Bookmark in Internet Explorer

So, what was I thinking? I obviously did not read all of this. It is confusing and makes very little sense to me, despite my knowledge of Tarkovsky's life and films. Physics!?!?!?! Where does science have a place in film. A Deleuzian Analysis!?!?!?! Jesus, what was I thinking? I don't know, I just read the first half again and it seems pretty cut and dry, not much physics, just some historical background on Soviet cinema and Tarkovsky compared to the old masters like Eisenstein. But I do not really care much for his time-image theory. It makes a little sense, but in a way it doesn't matter because its boring and I do not have the stamina to read this at 10:00 AM on a Saturday. Let's watch Ninja Turtles!!!!

I would just like to point out the fact of my false scholarly attitude. At the time I found this webpage I am sure I was on some research kick into Soviet film for my thesis class(es). But it sounded cool. I wasn't going to use it. But read the title--its some bizarre Canadian cats final paper, a research paper encompassing another topic that he feels truly passionate about. Maybe this is why I searched it out. One slavophile to the next. Zdrastvyi. Kak-u vas dela?

See, this is the globalization of pennies. A natural shift into the chest of another culture. Like football players beat each other on the battlefield, soldiers neglect to plunder a forgotten city. The world is about to implode on itself and who knows, maybe you'll be stuck, locked in a position next to an Egyptian, an Armenian, and an Italian for all eternity.

All because of what David George Menard calls "cine-physics".

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill M. said...

ok, so my first internet explorer bookmark is now a dead link. BUT. the second one is this.

-sage. francis. watch as a i do dances.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home